It’s day 1 of the school holidays and I am actually looking forward to them. I say that now, of course! Ask me around day 4!
But I am actually really tired. Like tired in my bones type of thing. Not from lack of sleep, but rather because I felt like I was always rushing in term 3. It was a really busy for us as a family. The kids had so many commitments and after school things. I don’t have anyone to help me with the kids, so I do it all on my own. But it’s all wrapped up now and we need some time to chill…
The September/October holidays are always good ones. They’re not too long and the weather is usually good.
Here is a list of the things I am looking forward to:
- No school lunches. Eat whenever you feel like it. And they can get their own!
- No ironing. No school shirts and ties.
- No early morning breakfast call. Just get up when you want and eat when you want. I don’t have to yell “eat eat eat we’ve got to go!”.
- I can hide in my house and don’t need to leave for school drop off or pick up.
- I have minions to help me do jobs around the house. I feel a cupboard cleaning marathon coming on!
- We have a camping trip away with the friends.
- The Swannies are in the grand final so we can’t wait to watch that with friends.
- I’ll get to catch up on all my emails because I won’t be rushing off to do something else.
- I have a little trip to Sydney planned just for a night.
- Hopefully my mood will improve and I can be nicer due to some of the busyness gone.
- I can walk my dog. I haven’t had the time to exercise!
Are you looking forward to the holidays? Got anything planned?