I did this under the kitchen sink storage DIY a while ago, but because it’s the beginning of the year and we all seem to be obsessed with cleaning and culling I thought I might re-post it.
Isn’t she pretty? Ha! Jokes! What a mess. I bet yours isn’t much better? It’s such an awkward spot and a dumping ground. I really wanted to make it more usable. So, I decided to add a hanging rod and attach baskets up high to make the most of the space.
Here’s what I used:
- I had the drill and cordless grinder already
- hanging rod and brackets
- cable ties
- baskets that can be purchased from a hardware store
- I used the grinder to cut the hanging rod down to size. This was only a 20 second job.
- Drill the brackets to the side walls. Another simple task.
- Then attach the baskets with cable ties, trimming off the excess and you’re done!
A few months on and it still does look this neat. I’ve been maintaining the mess under my sink well because it’s much more usable.
Happy culling! ♥ KC.