With indoor plants making a real presence in our homes I wonder if we’re starting to lean towards the Bohemian decor? I think maybe I am just slightly. There are so many different decorating styles – Minimalism, Scandi, French Country, Contemporary… but I think a lot of us are sneaking a bit of Boho in. Below are 5 tips that will help you achieve that Boho look and add a touch of sophistication to your home….
1. Indoor plants – the first thing I think of when going Boho is an indoor plant. Masses of them in mix and match pots, baskets, hanging plants and stands. Expect to see a lot of greenery and natural elements.
2. Patterns – they don’t match and are often in warmer tones. Rugs, throws and wall decor all have some sort of Aztec or geometric pattern.
3. Minimal backdrop – most Boho-styled homes have a monochrome backdrop (like white walls) so that you can emphasise the textures and accents like prints, patterns, rugs and decor. It’s a great way to ease into the Boho styling because you can mix and match and change it up when suits.
4. Terracotta – this warm tone is making a comeback. Did you read my post on 2017 interior design trends? Terracotta seems to feature highly in Boho styling so it’s right on trend!
5. Morrocan rugs – teamed with a mid-century style console is the perfect addition to Boho.
At the end of the day Boho chic should really show your personality. Each item looks like it’s been purposely chosen but it doesn’t have to all match. It’s exotic and dreamy!