If you’re looking for an affordable tv unit have you considered the BESTA system from IKEA? (Not a sponsored post, just love this idea!). I’ve been telling my clients to look at this option for a sideboard or floating tv unit. You just need to buy the shelf unit with doors (they come in different colours too), mount them to your wall and then finish with a top. Have a look through these photos below so you can get an idea on what I am talking about…
- The shelf unit with doors comes in a couple of sizes
- Either lay them all together on the ground, or mount to your wall studs.
- Buy a timber top (IKEA have some), or head to your local Bunnings and get a laminate kitchen bench top.
- Add some leather handles (or none at all).
- If you need to fill a specific area and the measurements don’t quite fill the space see the above photo where they’ve left it open and popped a cushion in to hide it.
This is so easy and really affordable and you can personalise it anyway you like!