If you want cheap art for your walls, or even to create a gallery wall, then digital downloads are the go! Etsy has piles and piles of them. You can choose photography prints like landscapes of the beach, desert, building, plants. Or even abstract paintings.
I have done this so many times. For me at home, or for clients when doing a cheap and quick makeover in their home.
- Buy your frame first. Kmart is always my go-to. Lots of sizes and colours available. Or find second hand bargains.
- Work out the size of the print you will require to fit your frame. If you’re doing a gallery wall just write down the multiple sizes you need for each frame.
- Buy your print online (Etsy is usually the best).
- Upload your file to the Officeworks Print & Copy section.
- I always choose coloured poster
- 160gsm coated paper
- Upload your design
If the file won’t fit, you can resize it yourself via free online tools like Canva.
TIP – If you have an odd size just get the poster printed at the maximum size and chop down. EXAMPLE – Your frame is somewhere between an A1 and an A2, then buy the bigger poster and cut down with scissors when you get it home. Works well if you have an abstract print.
If this is too tricky and the file just doesn’t look right in the Officeworks upload area then just pop the file on a USB stick and take it to your local Officeworks where they will help you with all of this.
I paid for it, chose to pick it up in store and was sent an email about 4 hours later saying it was ready to pick up. I got it home, trimmed it to fit the frame and DONE!!!
There you go… now you can easily do different sizes and create a full gallery wall very cheaply.
If you’re thinking of creating your own gallery wall here is the HOW TO.
Not sponsored!! Just wanted to share this idea with you 🙂