Navy is HOT right now. Move over grey, there’s a new shade in town! Navy is hard to choose though. It can throw green, purple or just too much blue. So, to confuse you even more, a colour which seems black or grey on the swatches can actually look navy in a sample pot. This happened to me a few weeks ago when I was going to paint a black wall. I grabbed a sample of Taubmans Black Fox and it came out navy on my walls! Also, Three Birds Renovations did a wall called Gravel by Taubmans but in the photos it looks navy to me!
Today I did a quick gather of some popular navy paint colours. The inky blues with a hint of charcoal are pretty popular.
- Taubmans Black Forest
- Dulux Blue Accolade
- Taubmans Admiralty
- British Paints Costa Rica
- Dulux SnapShot
- Dulux Integrity
Tips to help you choose the perfect NAVY paint…
- Choose a navy swatch darker than you think you will like (otherwise you’ll most likely end up with a blue room, not navy).
- A shade will look different depending on the lighting in your home (obvs).
- Paint a sample (2 coats at least) in the room. At eye level, and up higher and lower.
- If you don’t want to paint on the wall itself, grab a piece of gyprock off-cut from Bunnings (or I even paint a piece of white paper and sticky tape it to the wall).
- Paint the trims around it white for a fresh feel.
- Add some greenery to the room when you’re done!
Happy painting! ♥KC.