Hi there! Thanks for popping in today. I wanted to share with you something I’ve been doing since the very beginning of this year. It’s called 1 Second Everyday and it’s basically a recording of just that – one second of my day. It’s meshed together daily to create a monthly video which I have been sharing out on Instagram. I just love it and am quite addicted to it. I rarely forget to film something from my day. If I do forget I can cheat a little and insert another video back in to the space. I usually just add a snippet of my puppy dog. Anyway, you may already be familiar with this app? Have you been playing along? I can’t wait until the end of the year so I have an entire 12 months to watch back!
Here are just a couple of my videos so far. When I do share them with Instagram I do seem to get a lot of views, so it’s a nice personal variation to the typical pretty pictures.
- Always film out of the app ie. use your camera and then insert. You can then just use the second you like the best.
- Film everything in landscape. It looks so much better so you don’t get black borders.
- You can insert photos instead of videos, but I do like the moving video better.
- When you insert the video, tap on the orange selection border to make your video 1.5 seconds (someone showed me this trick so technically the video squeezes a little more in to the overall month).
- I use apps like Rotate & Flip or Video Crop to edit any little videos that didn’t work the way I wanted them to. Sometimes you accidentally get a video in portrait but really want to add to your 1 Second Everyday and it hasn’t gone to plan. I have learnt to edit a few bits here and there to suit.
- My kids are sooooooooooo over me saying “I need my one second today!” Hahaha.
Let me know if you also use this app? Would love to check out your videos?
You’ll find me on Instagram here.