PEPPERMINT Essential Oil comes from the entire PEPPERMINT plant. It has a fresh, minty scent with herbaceous undertones. This oil is cooling to the skin and refreshing to the mind and body.
PEPPERMINT is an incredibly versatile Essential Oil and benefits many of the body’s systems. As we’ll soon discuss, Frankincense is renowned for its versatility, but PEPPERMINT sure comes close! It can be used topically, aromatically, and internally in many different ways.
Applying to the back of the neck can help cool you down and lessen stress and tension. This oil also promotes focus, alertness, and positive mood.
Smelling PEPPERMINT directly from the bottle or adding three to four drops in a diffuser can help support the respiratory system and digestive system. Its revitalising aroma can help you wake up in the mornings or when you’re feeling drowsy during the mid-afternoon slump.
PEPPERMINT also tastes delicious in water and in baking. One drop applied to the roof of your mouth can help soothe head tension or tame your tummy.
• Put a drop of PEPPERMINT with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
• Add a drop to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
• Spritz around windows and doors to help repel bugs.
• Diffuse during study time to enhance focus.
• Place one drop in palm of hand—with one drop Lemon and one drop Frankincense—and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
• Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
• Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
• Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
• Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
• Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
• Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up on long drives.
• Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSION: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
INTERNAL USE: Dilute one drop in 100ml of liquid.
TOPICAL USE: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity.
You can start your essential oil journey here.