If you’re looking for a kitchen bench top material that is both modern and easy to care for, then concrete is well worth considering. Concrete will pretty much last a lifetime, and thanks to its low maintenance factor is fast becoming the choice for kitchen bench tops. To ensure its durability, it must be installed and sealing it properly is so important.
I found this pricing guide on all bench tops in $AUD
- Low – Laminate – $150 – $350 per square meter
- Low – Bamboo – $300 – $400 per square meter
- Low – Timber – $500 – $1500 per square meter
- Medium – Engineered Stone – $600 – $1300 per square meter
- Medium – Stainless Steel – $900 – $1000 per square meter
- High – Natural Stone (Granite) – $700 – $1700 per square meter
- High – Natural Stone (Marble) – $800 – $2200 per square meter
- High – Polished Concrete – $1000 – $1800 per square meter
- High – Acrylic – $1000 – $1200 per square meter
What I like most about concrete is that it works with many different decor themes. The obvious one that springs to mind is an industrial themed kitchen. But surprisingly it works well with many other themes – Scandinavian, coastal, classic, country charm, colourful – concrete seamlessly works with them all. Take a look below –
original source unknown.
You can get a whole range of colours too which I like, which makes concrete even more versatile!
There are plenty of DIY tutorials available on the internet also if you feel like giving it a go. Maybe I should add one to my ‘projects on the go list’? Ha! I do think it is one job that is better left to the professionals!