Magic Erasers are actually made of melamine foam, which has been used for decades as an insulation and soundproofing material. Now we’ve discovered that melamine foam is also an effective abrasive cleaner. It works like a super-fine sandpaper on stains. The abrasive foam loosens up dirt and grime. That’s why they are called magic!
Grab some VERY cheap magic erasers from eBay (10 for $5). They are reusable too, so they will last you ages. These little sponges will cut through grease, grime, and everything in between.
1 melamine sponge
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon borax
½ cup hot water
3 drops Purify Cleansing Blend
- Add baking soda, borax, hot water, and Purify oil to a container and mix until dissolved.
- Place melamine sponge in the mixture and press firmly to absorb the liquid.
- To use, remove sponge, gently wring out excess liquid, and start cleaning.
- When finished, simply rinse off sponge with clean cold water and return to container with cleaning mixture.
8 things you can clean with a magic eraser
- Clean the revolting light switches!
- Remove permanent marker
- Clean laptops and keyboards
- Remove scuffs from walls and skirting boards
- Clean oven glass
- Clean your iron
- Make your shoes look brand new
- Clean stainless steel