Thanks for your suggestions yesterday!
I might just go with some of those ideas over the coming week.
Thanks to Anna for the suggestion on some blogging tips. I thought about that and yep, maybe I could just give you my take on what I think helps me to blog. I am no expert and only have small traffic, but I think it could be fun to see if anyone agrees with me, or has anything else to offer.
Here we go…
1. Blog posts that are equal to an imaginary A4 piece of paper make me happy. I only want to see 2-3 photos with 2-3 paragraphs. Agree that your blog list has grown so much in the last 12 months?? I just can’t keep up with people who blog photo after photo and word after word….I just want to read and move on. I don’t want a whole magazine to read. There are too many favourites out there now, so the only way I can keep up with you is if you make short posts (more often). It keeps me coming back as I know I can quickly read, rather than set aside half an hour just for you.
2. Move yourself away from just the blog world if you want to grow your own blog. Get into other social media forms. Twitter, forums, facebook, formspringme….since branching out my hits have doubled!
3. Get away from the dodgey and busy backgrounds. Yep, I have been there done that. Learnt that one! My Dad is doing a web design course and says my blog is still waaaay too busy. Hoh! Just kidding. I am getting there and trying to tone it down (I think).
4. Be individual. I am sick of seeing rehashed crap (sorry!). I have learnt to see right through some people. You can show me all the pretty rehashed pictures in the world, but can I actually see you have got what it takes please? Actually show us your styling, design, event management, coordinated ‘work’.
5. Comment back. Not every day, not all the time, just occasionally acknowledge your readers.
Here are 2 of my monkey’s. They make me laugh so much.
Hope you are having a good week so far. I am!