I do a lot of moodboards for people who live locally here in Wagga. So that means I usually try and pick furniture that I know can easily be accessed (no big cities near us!). Plus I never choose the most expensive, and I try to stick to items I’ve seen and know will work well.
I thought I might start sharing some of them with you.
Here’s one I did earlier this week for a living and dining space. Finishing touches (cushions, throws, vases etc) are still to come after the big purchases have been decided. This was for a family with 2 kids. I visited their home last weekend, we chatted about what they liked and what they wanted to achieve. I took some photos and then came home and started a moodboard for them.
Then I provide the shopping links with a couple of notes >
- Dining table
- Matching buffet (there is a smaller one too – I’m not sure what size, can you measure up the space? Or do you have a floor plan I can check?)
- Couches (I know it’s not leather, but thought you might like to look at it?)
- Coffee table
- TV unit – this is the BESTA storage system from IKEA. It’s awesome. You can build the size/length you need. We’d just want a base that’s quite long. If you do want to look at doing this I can help you sort it out better.
- Rug – Would you look at an oriental rug? Hides food and marks, and is very trendy right now. You’ll need the biggest size. Also will bring some colour/pattern and texture in to the room.
- Side table in the corner of where the lounges meet
- Fake plant next to tv unit
- Floor lamp
- Artwork could go either above buffet or near tv (I’ve tried to keep it light colours) or this and this
There you go! Now they can go off and shop and then will usually come back to me with what they purchased etc and we’ll wait for it all to arrive and then I’ll head back there to put it together and suggest the finishing touches.