The kitchen can be one of the most expensive and time consuming areas in the home to renovate. A kitchen renovation may therefore be out of the question for some homeowners.
The Good Guys appliance expert offers tips on how to get the look you want for less when renovating your kitchen.
- Decide on a budget and stick to it. The amount you have to spend will determine everything from the materials you use to the appliances you choose
- Keep it simple. The more elaborate you make your kitchen, the more expensive it becomes
- Have a plan and do your research, if you are sure of what you want from the start it will not only save you time, but it will also save you money
- Select quality finishes that look great but won’t date quickly and spend as much as you can afford on durable work surfaces. The cost of quality; priceless
- Buy appliances through your kitchen company, this will allow you to take advantage of package deals and ensures delivery of kitchen and appliances together
- Choose a neutral colour throughout your kitchen cabinets and bench tops and use paint and accessories to add colour instead. These can be changed easily and cost effectively as fashions change
- A galley kitchen is the least expensive layout, requiring only one straight run of cabinetry and if planned properly you can still amass a great deal of accessible storage and bench space
- When it comes to selecting the door finish, the best bang for your buck is a melamine door, and for a fraction more, ask about the satin smooth melamine finish of the Essendon door that will give you the impression of a higher-end kitchen
For more information on The Good Guys products and expert advice visit www.thegoodguys.com.au.