The reality is, I don’t clean my oven. Like hardly ever. I hate it! I just wipe the outside and close the door. But you know how you get the urge and suddenly you can’t look at such a disgrace any longer, so it’s time to get that crap cleaned up?? Yep, this was me on Christmas Eve at 7am… haha!
And you know I’m going low-tox with as many cleaning things as possible?? So I wanted to use all my new products to show you how easy it was.
It’s bloody disgusting isn’t it??? I know!! But not for long….
This is what I did
- Removed the trays
- Heated the oven on low for about 20 mins, then turned it off.
- Poured my DIY Jiff (recipe here) all over it, and dabbed it around.
- I left that on (with the warm oven and door closed) for about half an hour.
- I then sprayed doTERRA On Guard cleaner (from my diluted spray bottle) all over
- Then got to work with wiping it all clean with some hot water
Ta-dah! So fresh now! My oven has a catch tray hanging off the bottom rack so I lined that with foil so I could keep this baby clean for a while 😉
- My husband took the trays outside and used the high pressure hose on them. So easy!
- Use baby oil (or I am now using Fractionated Coconut Oil) to polish the sliver up with a paper towel.
To clean the glass or the stainless steel – check out this post with other cleaning recipes.