Admittedly I was a little skeptical about the basket wall craze. It’s a bit like plates on the wall… an odd thing to do. Baskets, to me, are used for pots or items on a table. Then to see them stuck on walls raised an eyebrow. BUT I will say I’m warming to them! I have seen some awesome displays on Instagram and now I think they are a great addition to blank wall. Instead of the usual framed artwork or gallery wall then adding baskets in different textures and colours can make a big statement. They add a 3D contrast to your room.
I’m not talking about baskets you’d put pots in, I’m talking about flat shaped ones which would hang like a saucer. The look you’ll achieve is a mix between boho and tribal.
Come and check out these top ideas below…
- Gather a selection of baskets. Below I have some shopping ideas. It will be tricky to predict how your wall will end up until you have a few in your home ready to go (and maybe keep the receipts in case you decide one or two won’t work!). Make sure they are all different sizes, add a couple with varying colour tones and you can even use flat placements to change up the sizing.
- Use little hooks like these here.
- Lay them all out on the ground first and shuffle the baskets around until you have a good configuration.
- Decide whether your design will have baskets slightly over-lapping or spaces between them.
- The baskets should all be friends and none should be floating too far away from each other.
- Groups of odd numbers in 3, 5, 7 looks good.
- You can easily re-position the baskets without changing the wall hook because there are so many little woven loops to choose from.
Where to buy them
- Etsy is a great one-stop-shop. If you type in wall basket you’re going to see a huge selection – some are already packaged up in a bundle for you.
- If you’d like to add a bit of colour then Mondo Cherry has a big selection.
- Freedom has this gorgeous black one.
- ISHKA have heaps. But you will probably need to go in to the store to find what you’re after. Their website doesn’t have their usual big selection. I know our local store is choc-a-block with baskets.
- I’m IN LOVE with these from Temple & Webster.
- Luxe Coastal Home have some here.
- Check out Adrinka Designs.
- eBay have lots too.