This balm can be used anywhere on your body. Use as a lip balm, put on chapped or chaffed skin, on your elbows, face if you have any inflamed dry patches. It contains nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and Shea butter so can be used just about anywhere on your body.
This is the same recipe I used to make a vapour rub for winter. The difference is just the essential oils. This batch will make enough for you to split in to 2 containers. See that recipe here.
I bought the ingredients from a shop that has now closed unfortunately. I suggest you look for all of these products via eBAY store like this one.
Kmart have digital scales for $12.
Ingredients for low-tox lip or healing body balm
- 45g fractionated coconut oil (I use doTERRA)
- 20g coconut oil
- 15g shea butter
- 8g beeswax
- 30 combined drops of tea tree, lemon and lavender essential oil (I only use doTERRA because they are 100% pure and safe)
- small jar, tin or pot
- Add fractionated coconut oil, coconut oil, Shea butter and beeswax to a glass bowl and heat in the microwave until completely melted. Heat in short bursts on low, stopping and stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add essential oils and mix until combined.
- Transfer to small jar, tin or pot.
- Place into the freezer to set – this will reduce the chance of graininess developing over time.
Have this on hand in the bathroom, your handbag, or beside your bed.
If you’d like to see more recipes go here, or if you’d like to get started with essential oils then pop over here.