I decided to make a few fizzy toilet bombs to keep my bathroom smelling fresh. No need to use harmful sprays and chemicals. Make your own! These were SO easy.
What you’ll need
- Bi-carb soda – a mildly abrasive cleaner and an excellent deodoriser.
- Citric acid – gives the fizzy effect, and also helps dissolve tough hard water stains.
- Essential oils – I used lavender, peppermint, and lemon essential oil to help to eliminate germs and bacteria. Smells good too.
- Ice tray, or silicon mold tray (you can even make shapes!).
- Jar to store them in.
- 1 1/3 cup bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 teaspoon roughly of water (from a spray bottle)
- 10 drops lavender
- 10 drops peppermint
- 10 drops lemon
Mix the bi-carb soda and citric acid together in a small bowl. Next, slowly add the water and essential oils to the mixture. I used a spray bottle to add the water – by misting it in to the mixture. It will fizz a little but that’s ok. You will need to move reasonably quick with the mixing.
When you can pinch the moisture together and it sticks, then it’s ready to go. If it’s sloppy and too runny and you will have to start again. Go light on the water because you can always add more.
Press the mixture in to the trays. I left mine to sit overnight.
They easily came out of the tray and in to a jar for storage.
They smell wonderful and don’t need to be perfect because you’re just throwing them in the loo! Once they hit the water they will fizz and slowly dissolve in the bottom with a wonderful smell! So, clean your loo (make a spray for that too here), add a toilet bomb and it’ll be as clean as a whistle!