How gorgeous is the rattan trend right now? It has taken over my Instagram feed lately and I am loving it! I hopped over to Pinterest and took a look around for some more inspiration and could have easily added 40 photos to this blog post. From chairs to pendants, cupboards, drinks carts… the rattan trend is looking good!
Here’s a few photos to inspire you…
I picked this chair up (above photo) from Kmart a couple of days ago and am in love with it!
Tips for incorporating the rattan trend in to your home:
- Think Boho vibe – macrame, indoor plans, neutral colours.
- Change/add a hanging pendant to the space to create a huge focal piece. Sand back old dining tables or side tables so they appear lighter and more natural.
- Keep an eye out on the swap/sell Facebook pages for old rattan items like a bar cart or side table. I’ve seen a few good ones pop up in mine!
- Use rattan outside in the way of a love seat, or hanging chair.
- Use rattan in a nursery – think bassinet or armchair.
- Swap over any heavy garden pots for a more softer and simple rattan basket.
I think I’d like a huge rattan pendant over my dining table now!