I’m rambling today and it may not make sense but here we go with my thoughts in bullet point (because I wrote as they just landed on the page)…
- There’s no pity party required, but I think I’ve been doing it pretty tough the past couple of years. If there is such a thing as a “switch” in life, then I think I’ve just flicked it back on.
- There really is such a thing as balance.
- A healthy body means a healthy mind, healthy family, healthy business. I am really seeing this.
- How I feel affects my entire family. When they say “you’re happy Mum” with a smile on their face, then I have light bulb moment and think has my poor health/energy been influencing them THAT much?? I think it has.
- When you worry about 4 other people but then not yourself then that’s no way to live. Me FIRST, then them. It’s hit me like a tonne of bricks these past few weeks. My apparent energy levels trickle down the family tree.
- Clearing out and de-cluttering is important to me. Sounds a bit over the top, but I am better at life when things are in order.
- I can do more than just one thing, one job, one task. I can do lots of things and they all work together.
- Being busy is good. Not so busy that I can’t relax, but more that my priorities are in order and I go to bed each night feeling like I’ve accomplished lots of tasks.
- Saying yes is as important as saying no. We’re always being told to say no to things but saying yes is just as important. I’m good at saying no, but I have shied away from so many things because I never felt well enough. Now that I’m feeling good (and I’m saying yes) many doors are opening.
- Writing stuff down helps you sort out what you want, what you need and it’s therapeutic.
- If you don’t like something, switch off, unfollow.
- I am proud of myself. I kicked colostomy surgery in the arse and aced it. Sorry if that sounds super confident, but if you’ve gone through any major medical thing, then you’ll know what I am saying.
- You CAN get yourself out of a dark place. You CAN find yourself again.
Today’s thoughts are brought to you by a 5am wake up, a whole lot of energy and a day planned of just re-grouping with my family. I want my 40s to be a bit more about working, expanding me as a person and kicking goals. My kids are getting older. I think I’m even letting my 16 year old leave school this year (I know, I’m still not sure about this! That’s a blog post for another day… gasp)! So, I’m on a mission and I have no idea where it’s taking me and I don’t have solid plans… all I know is that I don’t want this bubble to burst. This song has been on high rotation.
Hope you have a wonderful day xx
PS. Oh, and the oils and crystals in the photo above have been helping me… somehow. It’s hard to explain, but they just have. 🙂