Thanks for all the love re my laundry post. You’ve given me some great ideas. I think I am leaning towards a couple of open shelves and keeping it minimalistic with some jars and towels. I have also been given some great links to a couple of prints which I will be purchasing! So thank you everyone for chiming in. See, this is why blogging is so good.
So, I have been a little busy lately. Nothing exciting to report, but you know what it’s like. I thought I’d break it down for you…
- I bought this from my friend. The photo doesn’t do it justice. It’s really shiny and gold and awesome! I love it.
- I ordered a heap of plants from the nursery this week, so we’ll be popping those in the ground in the next week or so. I am no green thumb! I have an idea on how to put it together, but I am no good at looking after them. I’ll leave that to my husband. 🙂
- I had a sick child and a sick dog yesterday. The child just needed a soft-pant day. We had milkshakes and banana bread down-town and he suddenly perked up. BUT the dog vomited all over the BRAND NEW carpet in the sick child’s bedroom. And I am not talking small vomit, I’m talking a big pile of it. I scrapped it up, but I’ve had to call the carpet cleaner to come here at 8am today. The carpet is like my special thing in the house. All I wanted was nice freaking carpet. I spent lots on it, it’s wool and I even want to roll around on it it’s so nice. But of course, if it’s not the kids wrecking stuff, it’s the freaking dog! She shit in the bathroom last week (yep, IN the bathroom). She is 13 years old, so I know she can’t help it and is getting old, but geez, why couldn’t she have vomited on the bathroom tiles like the poo incident?!
- Today I am off to Canberra with my eldest child for the night. Just him and I. We’re staying in a hotel and he is pumped. He’s trying out for a Catholic School Rugby League team over there. Not sure he’ll make it, but we’re acting like he’s a superstar anyway. We’re heading off early today (obviously I wrote some of this blog post last night!) and we’re hitting the Belconnen Mall. I used to work there back in my Uni days. I walked to the Belconnen Mall every day for 3 years. I am excited about visiting my old haunt. I’ll be showing off and stuff in front of my son and he’ll think I’m so cool. All he wants to do is go out for dinner and watch tv in bed in our room. TICK! We’re trying to play it down here at home because the other kids have sad faces, but I have bribed them with a ‘prize’. The middle child asked for a Lego City – I said divide that by 10 and now we’re talking.
- My middle child and I have been playing Solitaire on the ipad. Man I love that game. I haven’t played it in years! But he and I have got in to the Rubik’s cube, Tetris and Solitaire this week. We’re going old school and loving it.
- The littlest child was very very naughty the other night. He couldn’t keep himself together so I got really angry. Then my husband got really really angry (and that rarely happens – it’s usually me who is psycho Mummy) and the 2 other children came flying out of their bedrooms all flustered and yelling for us not to get angry at him. Talk about the baby having the whole family wrapped around his little finger! Ha!