Looking for a low-tox way to whiten your teeth? Well this simple recipe is a no-brainer!
Firstly, since reducing my toxic load in my home and on my body I switched to the doTERRA toothpaste. It’s natural, reduces plaque, and will whiten teeth. It’s a blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils to provide an extra cleaning boost. Additional essential oils of Peppermint and Wintergreen, and the natural sweetener xylitol, gives it a refreshingly unique cinnamon-mint flavor that leaves your breath—and toothbrush—fresh and clean throughout the day.
The on top of that, I made a paste using bi-carb soda because it’s been known to remove stains.
DIY teeth whitening recipe
- Small bowl (or sealed plastic container if you’re going to use for a few days)
- 1 tablespoon of bi-carb soda
- 3 drops lemon essential oils (it’s a natural whitening agent)
- A few drops of fractionated coconut oil (benefits are healthier gums, plaque removal)
- A few drops of water to make a paste
Then rub all over your teeth, let is sit for a few minutes and brush off as normal. Repeat if necessary.
You can do this for a week for better results.
If you’d like to learn more about low-tox products and essential oils click here.