A DIY floor cleaner is a must. NO chemicals, artificial fillers, fragrances and rubbish that can ruin your floors in the long term.
Excess water is also the cause of streaky floors, so when mopping make sure you really wring out that mop, or even better just spray the floors and mop as you go.
If you have laminate, vinyl or a hybrid style floorboard then this recipe is simple and cheap!
If you have the REAL hardwood floors then check out this recipe (no vinegar).
DIY Natural Floor Cleaner for Laminate or Vinyl
- Fill your laundry sink (enough to cover a mop) or a bucket
- Hot water
- 1 cup Distilled White Vinegar
- Rubbing Alcohol (a splash of witch hazel water – buy from Woolies in the makeup department)
- Up to 10 drops of Peppermint or Lemon PURE essential oils
- The rubbing alcohol will assist in mixing the water and oil
- Make sure your mop is not dripping wet when sliding it around your floors
You can pre-make up this recipe and keep in a glass bottle, or just make as you go.
Check out all my other cleaning tips and tricks over here.