Here’s a DIY low-tox stain remover spray you can make which works!
How to make a stain remover spray
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups normal water
- 150ml white vinegar
- 30ml dishwashing liquid (I use Castile because it’s natural)
- 15 drops of lemon oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons sodium carbonate ($4 Letric Washing Soda from the supermarket)
Mix the sodium carbonate with the boiling water until dissolved, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
This made up roughly 1L. So make a few spray bottles.
- Vinegar‘s acidity is what makes it such a good cleaner. Because vinegar is so acidic, it can counteract some tough buildups.
- Castile soap is a strong stain remover while the lemon essential oil breaks down oil and is an excellent anti-bacterial agent.
- Sodium carbonate is a water softener and is used to remove stubborn stains from laundry and is an essential component in most homemade laundry detergent for powder or liquid.