How to make your own wipes >> I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. There are lots of tutorials on Pinterest so I thought I’d give it a go.
Wipe the loo, the benches, the walls, your face… whatever!
I did the sums on this and it’s heaps cheaper!
So, I did have to buy the containers, but I already had the products because I am addicted to doTERRA and use all of these for cleaning my house.
BUT, the regular ALDI wipes I was using is 2.3 cents per wipe. These worked out to be 0.8 cents per wipe. 🙂
Here’s what you need
- 1 roll of paper towel
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- 1 tablespoon of On Guard Foaming Hand Wash (or any organic dish washing liquid)
- 3 drops On Guard essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon Essential oil
- 2 x air tight containers
How to make the wipes
- Cut the paper towel in half with a bread knife and place in each container.
- Combine all the ingredients in a jug.
- Pour half of the liquid over one roll and the other over the second roll. You should have the right amount with no excess to spare.
- Seal each container and leave for 10 minutes.
- Turn the container over for another 10 minutes to let the moisture soak in.
- Remove the cardboard from the middle and they are ready to use.
There you go – your own wipes. You can switch oils for lavender or clove or tea tree oil. Or even leave the oils out if you’re using as a baby wipe if you prefer no smell.
I saw someone use old milo tins (instead of containers), then spray painted them with a hole drilled in the top for easy access.
Here’s more cleaning ideas.