My Facebook is always swamped with ads and promos for this ekoWorx cleaning product. I am a sucker for stuff like this, and it was 40% off a pack just before Christmas so I thought I’ll buy some and see what all the fuss is about.
I paid for these goodies, not sponsored and this is my honest opinion…
So you get 3 main items in the pack – the solution which you pour directly in to the spray bottle, microfiber cloths and a diamond sponge (which is like a sandpaper block). I watched some of their YouTube videos so I knew how to use them all properly.
The main reason people seem to buy this product is for windows, shower screens and ovens. Am I right?
I got to work instantly on a window. I sprayed directly on the window and used a dry cloth as per their instructions. BAM. Cleanest window I’ve ever seen! I then got excited and started on some mirrors. Again, AWESOME.
The next day I decided to tackle the shower. NOTE – the videos say you must have a dry shower to start with, and you must be realistic with this product – if you have baked on, built up over time calcium scum, then it’s probably not going to instantly transform the shower screen to brand new. Also, I don’t actually have shower screens, just tiles, but still the same difficulties as everyone else with shower scum. I was a bit funny about the dry shower thingy. It was weird because I am used to jiff and spray bottles and wet sponges. Anyhoo, I sprayed some areas with the ekoWorx and used the diamond sponge to scrub…. The jury is still out on this. I felt the sponge was a little abrasive and I had to be careful. I also felt that I was using a fair bit of product because the shower was dry and was a big area. It definitely did clean the tiles, but I wasn’t blown away.
Next I went to the inside of my oven door. It was grotty. I actually wiped it with a wet sponge to start with to remove a lot of the residue. Yucky. Then proceeded with the diamond sponge and spray and yes it came up a treat!
I then moved on to stainless steel (specifically my cook-top), and nope, I didn’t like it. It was streaky and no good.
- A big yes for windows, mirrors and even pool glass.
- I would say that I still need a wet sponge and harsher product for my shower here and there.
- ekoWorx is most definitely a maintenance product (just my opinion). I think that once you get those showers and oven clean, you will then love using the ekoWorx to keep on top of your cleaning.
- I won’t use for toilet cleaning (because dry cloth!).
- The product has no smell at all. So sometimes I still want a bit of something on my kitchen bench-tops (add essential oils though). Plus, a dry cloth on kitchen counters sometimes just doesn’t seem right.
- I have not tried it on my floors yet because I didn’t buy the mop. Maybe I will give that a go? Have you mopped?
- I still think a little bit of baby oil on stainless steel is the best cleaning hack you’ll ever try.
- It’s great for spot cleaning like marks on your walls, powerpoints or door handles.
That’s what I think! I’d love to hear what your opinion is?
You might also like these low-tox cleaning tips.