I have not done a catch up on here in ages! I seem to spend most of my time on Instagram stories so then I don’t get a chance to update here.
I’ll bullet point some stuff –
- Lockdown has been good for me. I’m used to being on my own (years of being sick and just staying home!).
- My normal day job is in real estate. I have been lucky enough to just pick everything up and work from home. This week I’m starting to get back to the office.
- My kids have been pretty good at doing their own home schooling. I have 2 in high school and they are fairly self-sufficient. My eldest works and he hasn’t stopped so that’s been good for him (lord help me if we’d all been at home haha!).
- My grocery bill is enormous. I mean… so much FOOD in this house all the time.
- Chambo (aka my husband) has kept my Instagram stories alive most days. If you want to get to know him then get over there because you never know what form of entertainment might pop up ha!
- With so many people stuck at home everyone is organising and renovating their houses (me included!). My online styling and in real life services have gone crazy. It’s good to be busy.
- We have spent the past 3 months tackling lots of things around the house. We gave 3 teen boys a bedroom makeover. You can see them here, here and here.
- I then gave a corner in the house refresh.
- I rearranged the fridge.
- Then the pantry (with more to do in there).
- We were meant to be in Byron Bay this week because Chambo turns 50 on the weekend! We’ll make up for it no doubt.
- I cleaned out my wardrobe and now I would say I am down to the bare minimum of clothes and shoes I WILL wear.
- We put in a new front path.
- We’ve had fire buckets, played so much online trivia, watched movies, completed puzzles, cooked, drank and turned the music up loud.
- I’ve had moments of clarity and contentment, and moments of thinking WTF will everything work out ok? But in my head, I’ve been through this type of stuff before. I’ve been forced to stop many many times. I feel like I’m getting very good at learning how to pause when I can’t control stuff.
- I do need to give a Crohn’s and colostomy bag update too. It’s been a while since I’ve done that. I have lots to say. I’ve been managing my health in a few different ways. I’ll come back to you on that.
- I’m so sick of reading quotes online. Can we ban them? Unless they are funny.
- I do hope the boys can get back to their sport soon. It’s good for their mental health and to be with their friends.
That’s all today! ♥ KC.
Come and hang here with me.