Almost there on this bedroom reno

Well this room is coming up a treat! There’s some skirting, quad and robe doors to fit off, but it’s almost done.

The final part bringing it all together was the blockout roller blinds and sheers. These were from iseekblinds and all DIY. I chose ‘Bali’ inside mount blockout rollers and topped with ‘Bali’ sheers in the colour Chalk. I chose s-fold, ceiling mount and let them slightly puddle on the floor. This works best with old houses and uneven floors! I also added 100mm to each side to open them. You can go the whole wall too, just my preference to keep them the width of the window with a slight overlap.

The BEFORE had an old air-conditioning unit that needed removing (and yes, bricked in from the other side). The whole room was covered in wallpaper. See how I removed that here.

The old blinds/sheers came off. The 40 year old carpet came up and the floors were professionally polished (no way could I manage a DIY with this!). The robe has been kept. Just new doors will go on.

I added a new fan/light and spent a lot of time prepping, sanding and fixing up these old walls. The best part was just whacking on some VJ on the rear wall to cover the hole from the a/c unit and saved me from taking the wallpaper off that.

Head to my instagram to see more of this reno too!

All was done on a small budget. Let me show you how in my new reno eCourse found here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *