Written because I’m a Top 5 Blogger and I want to win this car!
As a part of the 4 week challenge I have been given a nifty Ford Territory to ride around in. My boys are being really really ridiculous about it. They think I’ve won the Lotto. Seriously! But I’m already over their fighting about who is sitting where. This baby is a 7 seater so it’s musical chairs. If you were watching us at school pick-up yesterday I do apologise for their behaviour. I have NO idea how I am going to give this car back.
This car is brand spanking new! I’ve never had a brand brand brand new car before…
I grabbed a coffee as soon as I got it and headed straight to school. I was early so I sat in the carpark and fiddled with all the gadgets. I’ve never had a car with bluetooth so I kept ringing my husband from the car to annoy him!
It’s got leather, 7 seats and a freaking DVD player. Yep, they watched Open Season 2 with headphones on as we drove around…
Look at us – we’re kissing it and hugging it. You’ll be forced to peel us off it when the 4 weeks is up! We drove around for about 2 hours yesterday haha!
Anyway, my first challenge is to write about a Passenger – If you could have any passenger (famous, non-famous, dead or alive) sitting beside you for a road trip, who would you pick and why?
Hmmm…. so many people came to mind.
I was going to say Jessica Simpson so I could take her on a bumpy ride through the Wagga Wagga Wilderness and shake that baby out, but darn it, she FINALLY popped last week.
Then I thought I would take Britney Spears for a spin. I have always had a ‘thing’ for her. She’s a bit trashy, a bit of a bogan… a bit like me I guess
I asked my husband who he would take. He said “Lara Bingle” without 1 second of hesitation. He really has an unnatural obsession with her. *shaking my head*
BUT… I decided on Hamish & Andy…
I know, I know, that’s not a big surprise! I wasn’t taking someone with me that you’ve never even heard of! I wanted to make you all green with envy.
Now, why would I take them?
1. I wouldn’t need the radio on.
2. We could broadcast their show from my Ford Territory. Plenty of room for the production crew in the back (or on the roof racks).
3. We could get people to call the car phone instead of the station.
4. We could make the trip a bit like a GAP YEAR, but not a year (because I think my husband would divorce me).
5. Because they are recognised everywhere, I would be their ultimate wingman and everyone would want to be me.
6. We could mount a camera to the dash sing 90s pop songs for the entire trip (I know they love Vengaboys). Then we could have our own YouTube channel.
7. We could pick up a ‘guest’ along the way to spice it up.
8. I guess Zoe could come, but she’d have to sit in the back #jokes
Who would you take on a road trip anywhere and why?